Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guide to Avoid Foreclosure in Jacksonville, FL

If you are behind on your mortgage, the following agencies may be able to help if you live in or around Jacksonville, FL. Most experts advised that it’s better to call the lender first and then seek help as soon as you are behind on payments or know you will soon be behind.

JACKSONVILLE AREA LEGAL AIDVisit or call (904) 356-8371. Walk-in application hours at the main office at 126 W. Adams St. on Mondays and Thursdays are from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Only the first 55 applicants are seen. Legal Aid has a new foreclosure-oriented office at 3701 Winton Drive in the Ribault Family Resource Center. This center focuses on ZIP codes hardest hit by foreclosures in 2007: 32209, 32208, 32206 and 32218 on the Northside and 32244 on the Westside. Clients are seen by appointment only, except in the case of an emergency. Call (904) 390-4019 for an appointment.

THE FLORIDA BARPre-foreclosure help may be available by calling (866) 607-2187 or visit for an online form. To find a private attorney, call the Jacksonville Bar Association for a referral at (904) 399-5780 or visit

JACKSONVILLE Call (904) 630-2489 (630-CITY) and ask for the housing program. The city may be able to help with one-time cash assistance and financial counseling.

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENTCall (800) 569-4287 or visit to find resources and a list of certified housing counselors. Contact the federal government’s foreclosure hot line at (888) 995-4673 (995-HOPE) or

FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICESThe DFS asks that you call the Consumer Helpline at (800) 342-2762 before you pay anyone who offers to help you get out of foreclosure.

No comments:

BIENVENIDOS AL ÁREA DE ORANDO, AQUÍ SIEMPRE ESTARÁS DIVIRTIÉNDOTE. El centro de la Florida compuesto por cuatros condados, Lake,...